Television Outreach Program (TOP)
Submissions Are Closed
CONTACT: Lucas McCain, Director at email@example.com
The Television Outreach Program (TOP) is a Scriptwriters Network program to support undiscovered television writing talent. The program’s objective is to help writers improve their craft so that they may achieve their goals of obtaining representation, script development, mentoring and career counseling services, landing writing assignments, and/or selling their work.
Phase One: Two readers will evaluate your script and provide written feedback analyzing structure, story development, characterization, dialogue, format, as well as overall impressions. If recommended by two readers, the script will advance to Phase Two.
Phase Two: Details of scripts that receive a double recommend from Phase One will be forwarded to our list of agents, managers and producers.
The Scriptwriters Network reserves the right to publicize the writer’s name and selected script.
**SWN’s TOP Program is working towards the discovery of content and talent, which will better assist you in achieving the goal of a staff writing position. Along with working to connect you to a talent agent and management team to hone your writing skills in order to maintain a staff writing position.
- Scripts will be eligible to be read by industry professionals including studio executives, production companies, agents and managers based on their request from interest in the logline and genre.
- Receive a one year membership or renewal to the Scriptwriters Network (SWN).
- InkTip Script Listing: A listing of your script on InkTip so that producers and reps can find you.
- TextAloud DVDs (TextAloud, plus Crystal and Mike Premium Voices). NextUp.com is providing the DVD’s which go to the top two recommends.
ELIGIBILITY and ENTRY RULES:
1) Pay through Paypal with a credit or debit card. Pay as a guest user if you are not registered with Paypal. Following successful payment, you will be redirected to an online uploading form.
2) Upload your submission form (in MS Word format) and script (in PDF format). Please download the form from this page and complete prior to payment.
3) Check the box confirming you understand and agree to the competition rules.
There are NO REFUNDS.
- Earlybird Deadline: June 30, 2015 ~ Members $100 / Non-members $130 NOW CLOSED
- Regular Deadline: July 31, 2015 ~ Members $115 / Non-members $145 NOW CLOSED
Entries occur once per year.
Final results are announced in January 2016.
READERS AND JUDGES (to name a few):
- Daniela Garcia-Brcek with Circle of Confusion
- David Binns, VP of Development with Energy Entertainment
Producers, production companies, agents, and managers who would like to read winning scripts may join our list by completing the Industry Contacts form. It can be downloaded from the documents section below. In the interim, please check out our previous winners.
We are currently looking to expand our pool of experienced readers in TOP. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Please contact Lucas McCain, Director – email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Participation in SWN events, programs, contests, classes and workshops is not a promise or guarantee of employment, and is intended for educational and networking purposes only.