Hollywood Outreach Program (HOP)
2015 Submissions are Closed!
CONTACT: Director at email@example.com
Hollywood Outreach Program (HOP) provides feature writers with in-dept script analysis and access to production companies, agents, and managers. The program is run twice yearly, from July 1 to November 30 and January 1 to May 31.
Entries receive extensive, in-depth story and script analysis/development notes (5-10 pages) from at least two professional readers. The program’s objective is to help writers improve their craft so they may learn the skills necessary to help them achieve their goal of obtaining representation, selling or optioning their work, and/or landing a writing assignment.
1) Go through the PayPal button below with a credit or debit card. Pay as a guest user if you are not registered with PayPal.
– Members will then be directed to log-in with their membership info to access the member rate.
– Non-members will have access to the nonmember rate. Please apply any applicable discount code.
2) After submitting the required information on PayPal, click to return to the SWN page where all entrants will upload scripts in PDF format on the Gravity Forms page.
3) Check the box confirming you agree to the competition rules and regulations.
4) The script submission will now be accepted.
5) Check e-mail for successful completion of entry.
There are NO REFUNDS.
DEADLINES AND FEES:
- Early Bird Deadline: August 31, 2015 ~ $100 Members / $145 Non-members
- Regular Deadline: October 1, 2015 ~ $125 Members / $160 Non-members
- Late Deadline: November 20, 2015 ~ $150 Members / $175 Non-members
**Non-member fees will include a free one-year membership to Scriptwriters Network
READERS AND JUDGES (to name a few):
- Daniela Garcia-Brcek with Circle of Confusion
- David Binns, VP of Development with Energy Entertainment
HOP is run twice yearly, from July 1 to November 30 and January 1 to May 31.
- Entries are evaluated in a number of areas such story, structure, character, dialogue, marketability and format.
- After completion of the written coverage, each entry will receive either a “recommend,” “consider,” or “pass” evaluation.
- Please allow up to two months for the process to be completed.
- Entries that receive an overall “pass” evaluation are judged as being completed for that session.
- Entries which receive at least a single “recommend” grade are entitled to additional judging to determine if they advance to the HOP Committee for further judging.
- The entries with an overall recommend grade will subsequently be marketed to the participating industry individuals who’ve agreed to read the winning scripts.
Producers, production companies, agents, and managers who would like to read winning scripts may join our list by completing the Industry Contacts form. It can be downloaded from the documents section below. In the interim, please check out our previous winners.
We are always looking to expand our pool of experienced readers in HOP. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Disclaimer: Participation in SWN events, programs, contests, classes and workshops is not a promise or guarantee of employment, and is intended for educational and networking purposes only.