Hollywood Outreach Program (HOP)
2015 Submissions will open on May 1, 2015
CONTACT: Lisa Franek, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hollywood Outreach Program (HOP) provides feature writers with in-dept script analysis and access to production companies, agents, and managers. The program is run twice yearly, from July 1 to November 30 and January 1 to May 31.
Entries receive extensive, in-depth story and script analysis/development notes (5-10 pages) from at least two professional readers. The program’s objective is to help writers improve their craft so they may learn the skills necessary to help them achieve their goal of obtaining representation, selling or optioning their work, and/or landing a writing assignment.
|$145 Non SWN members Early Bird|
|$100 SWN members only Early Bird|
READERS AND JUDGES (to name a few):
- Daniela Garcia-Brcek with Circle of Confusion
- David Binns, VP of Development with Energy Entertainment
HOP is run twice yearly, from July 1 to November 30 and January 1 to May 31.
- Entries are evaluated in a number of areas such story, structure, character, dialogue, marketability and format.
- After completion of the written coverage, each entry will receive either a “recommend,” “consider,” or “pass” evaluation.
- Please allow up to two months for the process to be completed.
- Entries that receive an overall “pass” evaluation are judged as being completed for that session.
- Entries which receive at least a single “recommend” grade are entitled to additional judging to determine if they advance to the HOP Committee for further judging.
- The entries with an overall recommend grade will subsequently be marketed to the participating industry individuals who’ve agreed to read the winning scripts.
Producers, production companies, agents, and managers who would like to read winning scripts may join our list by completing the Industry Contacts form. It can be downloaded from the documents section below. In the interim, please check out our previous winners.
We are always looking to expand our pool of experienced readers in HOP. Please contact us at email@example.com for details.
Disclaimer: Participation in SWN events, programs, contests, classes and workshops is not a promise or guarantee of employment, and is intended for educational and networking purposes only.