High Concept Screenplay Competition
2013 SEMI-FINALISTS (ordered by title) Listed Below
Congratulations to all
4th ANNUAL HIGH CONCEPT SCREENPLAY COMPETITION
|CONTACT: Joe Kondash, Director - firstname.lastname@example.org|
The High Concept Screenplay Competition welcomes all genres and aims to discover, honor and reward different approaches, eclectic points of view and unique voices in screenwriting. A high concept screenplay:
- has a great premise – the idea is king (Big)
- has a memorable title – it conveys what the movie is about (Wedding Crashers)
- has a visual logline – you can see the movie (40 Year Old Virgin)
- has universal appeal – all demographics “get it” (Star Trek)
- has a simple throughline, clear conflicts, high stakes, a hook, a ticking clock and/ or a twist (The Godfather, Liar Liar)
- can be summed up succinctly in 25 words or less (Seven, Home Alone)
|First Place||$1500 & Screenplay Studio Software Bundle ($620 value)|
|Second Place||$500 & Dramatica Pro ($270 value)|
|Third Place||$250 & Movie Magic Screenwriter ($250 value)|
The winning scripts will be read by over 80 industry professionals from companies including Lionsgate Pictures, Informant Media, and Benderspink based on their request from interest in the genre and logline.
The 15 top-ranked entries from the first round of judging receive free submission to Dreamago’s international screenwriting workshop “Plume & Pellicule” in a castle in Switzerland — “A life-changing experience.” (Luke Yankee, High Concept Attendee)
Winners will also receive a one year membership or renewal to the Scriptwriters Network (SWN).
The competition is open to both Scriptwriters Network members and non-members who are at least 18 years of age without feature credits. Screenplay entries (English only) are to be unproduced, unoptioned and wholly original works of the writer or writing team. It is the writers’ responsibility to ensure entries are registered with the Writers Guild of America or U.S copyright office. Submissions should conform to standard industry feature screenplay format.
Click here for correct script format. Interstate and international entries are allowed.
There are NO REFUNDS. Incomplete or late entries will be disqualified.
1) Pay through Paypal only with a credit or debit card for the appropriate deadline on this page. Pay as a guest user if you are not registered with Paypal.
2) Upload your script through the Paypal link after a successful payment has been made.
3) Check the box confirming you understand and agree to the competition rules.
The title page of each emailed screenplay submission must contain the title, genre and logline only. Do not include the name of the writer(s) or other identifying contact information anywhere in the script. Scripts should be in PDF format only.
There is no limit to the number of entries a writer/writing team may submit. Complete a separate submission for each script.
Entries are evaluated in the areas of High Concept, Originality, Marketability, Story, Grammar, Clarity/ Consistency, Structure, Character, Dialogue and Script Format.
|15 semi-finalists||Announced and posted on website with email notification for free submission to Dreamago by November 30, 2013|
|10 finalists||Announced and posted on website by January 31, 2014|
|3 winners||Announced and posted on website by March 15, 2014|
2013 SEMI-FINALISTS (ordered by title)