- The Scriptwriters Network Foundation, Inc., aka Scriptwriters Network (“SWN”), founded in 1986, is an educational, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) Non-Profit, volunteer-driven organization created by writers for writers and industry professionals.
- SWN serves its members by providing educational programming, enhancing awareness of the realities of the business, developing access and opportunity through alliances with industry professionals, and furthering the cause and quality of writing for the entertainment industry.
What we do…
~ Monthly Meetings
- Speaker Series. Our Speaker Series meetings are held the second (2nd) Saturday of every month in Los Angeles County, CA. This series focuses on the business side of the industry. These meetings can host up to six (6) industry panelists depending on the topic.
- Seminar Series. Our Seminar Series meetings are held the third (3rd) and fourth (4th) Saturdays of the month at CBS Radford Studios, Studio City and Westside Pavilion, Los Angeles. This series focuses on the craft of writing.
~ Programs / Contests
- Hollywood Outreach Program (“HOP”). The program’s objective is to help writers improve their craft so they may learn the skills necessary to help them achieve their goal of obtaining representation, selling or optioning their work, and/or landing a writing assignment.
- Television Outreach Program (“TOP”). The program’s objective is to help writers improve their craft so that they may achieve their goals of obtaining representation, script development, mentoring and career counseling services, landing writing assignments, and/or selling their work.
- High Concept Screenplay Competition. The High Concept Screenplay Competition welcomes all genres and aims to discover, honor and reward different approaches, eclectic points of view and unique voices in screenwriting.
~ Networking Opportunities
- Friday Night Social. Our Friday Night Social event, which we co-host with Jennifer Grisanti, is a networking event that meets the first (1st) Friday of every month. It started as a way for TV and feature writers to meet one another and has evolved into so much more.
~ Special Events
- Pitch Boot Camp (“PBC”). Pitch Boot Camp is designed to drill prospective screenwriters into delivering professional, concise and interesting pitches comfortably and sincerely to anyone at any time in any place under any condition.
- 2-Day Writing Challenge. This is one weekend where writers commit to explore any & all possibilities with their story, FADE IN to FADE OUT, and, do it in the camaraderie of fellow writers eager to help each other over creative hurdles.
~ Writer Development Programs
- Staged Reading Series Program. The Staged Reading Series program provides the writer an opportunity to have a submitted feature or television script performed by actors through a table read and/or a theatre stage read.
- Annual Membership and Renewal is $120.00. ($90 for Seniors, Students and Military)
- Benefits Includes:
- Over 40 Networking Opportunities a year
- Free entry into Speaker & Seminar events
- Reduced entry fee for various SWN programs
- Free raffles of screenwriting software products from our Sponsors
- Weekly eblasts on SWN upcoming events
- Weekly eblasts on Partners events and contests
- Video uploads of our Speaker Series meetings
- Write-ups and photos of our previous meetings
- Additional benefits located in the member section
- SWN is full of talented individuals who are eager to share, collaborate and aid aspiring writers in furthering their careers.
Disclaimer: Participation in SWN events, programs, contests, classes and workshops is not a promise or guarantee of employment, and is intended for educational and networking purposes only.